Here are some quick tips on using Freebie Finder to get freebies:
- Avoid giving out more personal information than absolutely necessary! To avoid receiving spam, don't give out your real phone number or main email address. Instead, make a free second email address at Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, or Hotmail. Or, use a free disposable email address service such as dodgeit, myTrashMail, or (my favorite!) Sneakemail. There is also a Firefox extension to help with creating throw-away email addresses.
- Only order freebies that you actually want. This helps ensure that people who do want certain freebies get them.
- Give feedback on freebies. When you give feedback via the "Give Feedback" button next to each freebie, you help update Freebie Finder's knowledge. This helps refine the freebie listings and improves the results for everyone. For example, if you see a freebie listed as available in the USA and Canada, but it's actually only available for Canada, click "Give Feedback" and check only the "Canada" box.
- Please be friendly in the comments. This is a freebie site, and the comments are intended as a means for spreading information about the freebies. A little chatting is fine, but please take personal attacks or long discussions to another forum.
- Please tell your friends about Freebie Finder! If you spread the word about Freebie Finder, be it by word-of-mouth, blog, website, or other means, you'll increase the number of Freebie Finder users. More users equals more feedback and better freebie listings.
- Have fun!